The typomania typographic video contest is one of the key events of the festival. The contest exists from the very beginning of the festival. They receive hundreds of type videos annually. The competition participants are designers, motion designers, cartoonists, students, and professionals.
Entry submission for Typomania 2019 will be open from March 1 till May 1, 2019. Best videos were chosen by an international jury. The announcement of the results and the award ceremony will take place during the closing ceremony of Typomania festival on June 2, 2019, in the Museum of Moscow (Moscow, Zubovsky Boulevard, 2).
Themes of the video contest:
- Videos with type playing the key role in them.
- Presentation of a typeface. A video demonstrating the abilities and specificity of a typeface.
- Movie titles. Captions for movies, cartoons, TV series, TV programs. Commercial and student work.
- Text visualization. Visualization of a song, a poem or of another text.
- Animation of the word TYPOMANIA.
- Every year on Typomania festival’s stage the authors of 9 best videos receive 9 legendary light letters.
- Special prizes will also be awarded for the best performance technique.
- Shortlisted authors will be awarded diplomas.
- Mailing of prizes and diplomas are at the expense of the festival.
- Authors of videos that are not included in the short-list, will be sent pdf-diploma of the participant on request.
- Only videos containing type as the active component can participate in the contest. Videos must be created during 2016–2019.
- Individual authors, as well as creative groups, may take part in the event. There are no age restrictions.
- Participation in the contest is free. Every contestant can send an unlimited number of entries.
- Entries should not contain the authors’ surnames to ensure independent work on behalf of the jury.
- The name of the uploaded file must be written in Latin letters, it must also contain the author’s surname (or surnames).
- The chronometry of the uploaded file should not exceed 3 minutes. Chronometry of group projects is negotiated separately.
- The image size should not be less than 720×480 pixels. File size should not exceed 300 MB. Allowed formats: wmv, avi, mov, mp4, flv.
- The submission of the videos begins on the 1st of March, 2019 and ends on the 1st of May, 2019. Works submitted after that date will not be accepted.
Eligible Regions: Please check the official link for eligible countries.