The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY Peacebuilders) is looking for two
facilitators for the Young Peacebuilders’ Forum 2019 to coordinate its 2019 Young
Supported by UNOY’s members in Colombia, UNOY Peacebuilders’ 5th edition of the
Young Peacebuilders’ Forum will take place in Bogota from 15 to 18 July 2019 and bring
together 55 to 70 young peacebuilders from the American continents and beyond.
This year’s theme—‘Leaving No Youth Behind Through Agenda 2250 and 2030’—has
been chosen to bring policy into action, to map youth engagement with Agendas 2250
and 2030, and to identify their significance for youth-led peacebuilding. On a continent
where young people are at the forefront of social change, political transition,
reconciliation, and resilience building, understanding what these policies mean for their
everyday peacebuilding endeavours is crucial, along with how these can in turn shape
global, regional, and local policies. At the YPF, we will discuss what inclusivity means for
youth-led peacebuilding, and how young people in the Americas can use and shape the
policy conversation to build more peaceful, inclusive, and just societies.
Main objectives of the Forum:
1) Create a stimulating yet open space for young peacebuilders to build concrete
and meaningful partnerships and cooperation beyond mere networking;
2) Foster a multi-angled and lively discussion on the place and role of global
agendas in peacebuilding processes in Americas and beyond;
3) Generate a comfortable space for participants to share experiences, methods,
narratives, and to learn from one another, in the shape of a “methods market”;
4) Expand and strengthen the UNOY network in the Americas by bringing together
young leaders and increasing our visibility regionally.
To coordinate this reflecting and networking opportunity, we are looking for two
facilitators who, besides facilitation and public speaking skills, possess in-depth
knowledge and experience of conflict and narrative transformation. We are specifically
looking for somebody who:
- Is aged between 18 and 35;
- Is fluent in Spanish and English;
- Is familiar with the work of UNOY and the network (including its members);
- Is able to facilitate interactive meetings, provide inspiring input for discussions,
coordinate and summarise contributions of the participants, connect young
peacebuilders to each other, and present the results of the various sessions.
- Is experienced in peacebuilding, conflict transformation and/or using
- Has strong communication skills and intercultural sensitivity;
- Is willing to commit sufficient time and effort into the content preparation and
setup of the Forum.
The two selected facilitators will co-lead the Young Peacebuilders’ Forum and tie the
different sessions together through engaging methods as agreed upon with the
International Secretariat of UNOY Peacebuilders.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send an email to Charlotte Davidi
(firstname.lastname@example.org and cc-ing email@example.com) with a short motivation sharing your experience with facilitating this kind of event and telling us how would you imagine the Forum and its activities to be. Please note, this is a
For More Information