Application Deadline- May 25, 2018
The Liveability Challenge is on the hunt for innovative solutions in waste management and sustainable cooling that are already at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6 and above which are applicable to Singapore and other Asian cities in the region.
Finalists of The Liveability Challenge will receive support to hone their pitches, and the most convincing and compelling projects could secure up to S$1 million in funding to speed up the journey to commercialisation.
Travel and accommodation costs are also provided for shortlisted teams from outside Singapore to attend.
You’ll pitch before a panel of judges and an audience including some of Asia’s big-name venture capitalists and investors in July at the World Cities Summit 2018.
The Liveability Challenge is a global platform to identify and accelerate the implementation of solutions to urban challenges, and the first-ever edition is searching for solutions to waste management and sustainable cooling. Finalists will have a shot at securing up to S$1 million in funding for their projects at The Liveability Challenge finale.
The Liveability Challenge is accepting project submissions that are at TRL6 and above. While team members can be from any organisation and anywhere in the world, solutions must be applicable to Singapore and cities in the tropics.
Projects must fall under either one of two tracks, and must address at least one of the two areas listed below.
- Circular economy solutions
- Plastic waste management
- • Indoor cooling
- • Outdoor cooling
How to enter The Liveability Challenge:
1. Register your interest and the basic details of your project here
2. After registration, you will receive a follow-up email directing you to a second online form asking for more details about your project
3. Complete your submission via Submittable before 25 May 2018, Singapore time
4. You will be informed by end June if you have been accepted as a finalist for The Liveability Challenge
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Incomplete submissions will be rejected
How will entries be evaluated?
All submissions will be weighed according to the following criteria:
1. Impact (40%)
- How does the solution address waste and cooling challenges in cities?
- How original and innovative is the proposal?
- What is the likely scale of impact?
- Which Sustainable Development Goal does it contribute to?
2. Feasibility (30%)
- How well will the solution perform in an urban setting?
- What are the technologies underpinning the proposal? Are they original?
- How quickly can the solution be adopted?
3. Commercial viability (30%)
- What is the size of the target market? Who will the idea appeal to?
- Who are potential collaborators, who are competitors?
- How close is the solution to commercialisation and how much funding is required until then?
For More Information: