The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives: (1) making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and (2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
Internships with the UN Global Compact are available for a duration of three to six months. The timing of internships is flexible. They encourage candidates to apply for the following sessions:
Summer / Fall: August to November (with a possible extension to December)
Winter / Spring: January to May (with a possible extension to June)
- The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the United Nations.
- You will be given a real chance to work with their people.
- As part of their team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior management, you will be exposed to high-profile conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as the organizational policy of the United Nations.
- Initially, you will take on the amount of responsibility you can shoulder; the potential for growth, however, is yours to develop.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
- Interns must therefore be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
- For more information please visit the official website.
Eligible Regions: Open for all